Bombai Bonda or mixed veg. Bonda, is a very tasty dish which can be prepared as an evening snack. Often this dish serves as a “side-dish” In many occasions like marriage and festivals.
- Bengal gram flour;-[Available in Indian stores];-500 grms.;
- Rice flour;-2 table spoons;
- Required vegetables;-Aloo or potatoes;-2-3 cooked and smashed ; Carrots;-3-4 ;Beet root;-1, Beans,cut into small pieces 1 bowl;Peas;-1 bowl;knol-khol;-2-3 cut into small pieces;-1 bowl; Coriander leaves;-1 cup; Green chillies [remove the seeds and cut into small pieces;-2-3 in numbers,
- Red chilli powder;-one and a half tablespoon or as per required;
- Garam masala powder;-1 teaspoon;
- Grated ginger;-1 teaspoon ;and salt to taste.
- Lemon juice;-1 tablespoon;
- Turmeric powder–1/4 teaspoon; and Hing powder;-1/2 a teaspoon;
- Veg oil for frying;-1/2 a litre.;-Sunflower or Refined groundnut oil;
Method of preparation
Peel of the outer skins of vegetables ;- Carrot,Beetroot,and knol-khol-and cut them into small pieces,along with beans.Now cook all the vegetables in a steel vessel along with peas,,by adding enough water, on a stove top ;After they are done,remove from stove, remove excess water and cool lthem to room temperature;Now add these cooked vegtables to cooked and mashed potatoes;Add grated ginger,salt, Lemon juice; garam masala Add coriander leaves if required,and mix well, Make lemon sized balls and keep them aside for half an hour;
In another bowl mix Gram flour,Rice flour, red chilli powder; Salt,turmeric powder,Hing and add enough water to make a thick batter[Dosa consistency]. In a kadai, put veg oil for frying;;-About 1 litre; When it is hot,dip the prepared balls in the batter and deep fry by putting 5-6 at a time and when they are done, transefer to another bowl and serve them hot tomato ketchup!!
Preparation of Home made Ketchup to follow…..