- Medium sized mangoes;-Two
- Coconut gratings; [equal to the amount of Mango gratings;-i.e in the ratio of [ 1;1]]
- Methi Seeds;-one teaspoon.
- Red chillies;-10-15 or as per the taste.
- Hing(Asoefetida) ;- 1/2 a teaspoon.
- Salt as per required.
- Mustard seeds;- 1 teaspoon.
- Curry leaves for seasoning.
- Any veg. oil;-one table spoon.
- Turmeric powder;-One teaspoon
Method of Preparation
Wash the mangoes well in the running water. Grate them in the grater and set aside in a separate bowl.Grate the coconut and set them aside in another bowl.
Now heat a pan; put one table spoon of Vegetable oil.When the oil becomes hot add mustard seeds and turmeric powder. Let the seeds splutter.Now add mango gratings and Hing to this and saute for two minutes.
In a separate pan dry roast red chillies, adding little oil, in a low flame. Take out from the pan, and keep them in a separate plate. in the same pan, add the methi seeds and dry roast them till they become brown.
In a wet grinder first grind roasted methi seeds , then red chillies ,grind them together,to get fine paste. Now add both gratings,,mixed together,add salt, hing.and grind them coarsely. Transfer this chutney to a separate bowl. In a pan, heat some oil,add mustard seeds and curry leaves and season with chutney.
- Cooked rice;-4 cups;
- Mango chutney;- one cup.
- Roasted groundnuts;- one cup;
- Any veg. oil;- 1/2 a cup.
- Mustard seeds;- one teaspoon;
- Turmeric powder;- 1/2 a teaspoon;
- Channa dal and Urad daal;- one table spoon each.
- Curry leaves,;- 8-10.
- Red chillies;- 4-5;
- Hing;- 1/2 a teaspoon
- Salt.as per required [ as there is salt in the chutney itself, a little quantity is enough to be added.ties, poories, and dosas.etc.
Method of Preparation
In a heavy bottomed kadai, put veg. oil and heat in a medium flame. When oil is heated, put mustard seeds, and when the seeds start spluttering, add, channa dal, urad dal, turmeric powder,hing, curry leaves and red chillies. When it is done, add roasted grondnuts,rice and chutney,.Mix them well, turning them over and over until they all mixed well.Keep this on the gas stove for one minute. and turn off the gas and serve hot.